Edtech is revolutionizing learning through technology. The Edtech market is expanding at a 16% annual rate and is expected to reach $410.2 billion by 2026, making these exciting times for the industry.
As the online education ecosystem evolves, Edtech focuses on building a strong online presence to promote its brand, share content, and increase engagement.
Edtech social media marketing has become imperative. From sharing educational resources to highlighting success stories to hosting live webinars to building community, social media is no exception to Edtech today.
1. Knowing Your Target Audience
The better you understand your target audience, you are most likely to set the tone for your entire social media strategy. Be sure to evaluate the current audience, as social media is all about building a relationship with the right audience to drive engagement.
Crafting a buyer persona is a key component of Edtech’s social media strategy. The best way to define your buyer persona is to understand their habits in terms of what motivates them to engage with your profile.
So, how do you create a buyer persona for an Edtech? Here are keys steps you should consider:
- Evaluate your existing audience
- Analyze competitor’s audiences
- Find customer pain points
- Get customer insight
- Build your buyer persona
An example of buyer persona/customer profile from the target audience you can attract for edtech social media marketing.
2. Identifying the Social Media Platforms
With a wide range of platforms and channels to engage in, you must identify how to use social media for Edtech business to reach the right target audience.
Social media platforms are an essential component of digital marketing for Edtech companies, providing valuable digital channels to connect with their target audience, create engaging content, and drive conversions. It’s important to understand that users’ demographics and interests vary across different social media channels, and identifying the right platform can help Edtech companies develop the most effective social media marketing strategy that leverages the unique format and features of each platform. By utilizing social media as part of their broader digital marketing strategy, Edtech companies can reach a wider audience, increase brand awareness, and ultimately drive more conversions.
Identifying the platforms where customers are most likely to review or provide feedback which can help Edtech organizations stay on top of its brand-building game.
For example, below we have illustrated different social media platforms commonly used by Edtech startups to reach their target audience.
3. Setting Sights on Success
Once you’re well aware of your buyer persona and have identified a platform to reach them, you need to set goals and objectives for your Edtech social media strategy.
You might be creating compelling content and ads for social media, but unable to crack up the views. Why? Because you need to set a direction before moving forward.
Using the SMART framework can help Edtech companies to set effective goals and objectives for their social media strategy. SMART stands for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-Bound.
Here we share examples of social media marketing campaigns based on SMART goals and objectives:
- Specific: Goals must be clear and concise, such as increasing social media followers by 30% and generating 75 new leads through different channels.
- Measurable: Goals and objectives must be meaningful and motivating, such as the total number of followers, volume of shares, mentions, and retweets.
- Achievable: Goals must be realistic and result-driven, such as website traffic, clicks, conversions, trials, and email subscriptions.
- Relevant: Goals and objectives should be aligned with overall business objectives and the target audience of the Edtech Company.
- Time-Bound: Goals must be time-sensitive, such as increasing the social media click-through rate by at least 15% this month.
4. Engage and Inspire
Creating high-quality, engaging content helps you in build a strong digital presence, and connect with your target audience. Compelling content fosters engagement, increases brand awareness, and establishes trust with your audience.
Some of the best social media tips for Edtech business marketing are as follows:
- Know your audience: Your content must resonate with your target audience thus it is crucial to know their interest, pain points, and preferences.
- Content formats: Edtech content format must include a mix of videos, infographics, blog posts, polls, guides, reviews, and other ways to keep the audience engaged.
- Keep it relevant and fresh: Make sure your content is aligned with your target audience’s pain points and is not outdated.
- Use visuals: Appealing visuals with compelling messages engage more audience and make the content sharable.
- SEO Optimized: Curate content that uses keywords to rank well in search engine results, and build credibility for your Edtech Company.
Here are some of the best social media marketing examples for Edtech.
For example, Preply has shared a success story to learn about the journey of a student and get inspired to start your first lesson. The format engages the audience and entices them to be part of the Preply platform.
SOURCE: PREPLY FACEBOOK
Another great example of Coursera explains how Edtech can leverage the power of industry partners to engage and attract an audience.
SOURCE: COURSERA FACEBOOK
5. Maximize Your Content’s Impact with Visuals, Videos, & other Multimedia Elements
Social media content strategy is all about attraction and appeal.
Eye-catching visuals captivate us, and we’re attracted by compelling messages. Strong visuals, enthralling videos, and other media can make or break your strategy. Make sure you use SEO strategies to enhance traffic and leads through keyword-rich content.
Audiences follow, like, comment and share if they feel connected and engaged while experiencing your brand on social media. Edtech Companies need to stand out, and here’s how they can:
- Attention-grabbing: Create content that captures the attention of your target audience and engages them in real time.
- Easy-to-consume: Multimedia elements can break up your content, make it more digestible for your audience, and be less boring when it comes to lengthy text.
- Sharable: Visuals and videos are highly shareable content, enabling a wider reach to the audience.
- Emotional connect: For increased engagement and brand loyalty, establish an emotional connection with your audience through visuals and videos.
6. Engaging Your Audience
Engaging your audience and building a community is one of the effective ways to achieve this through compelling, interactive, and engaging content that encourages participation.
Interactive content such as quizzes, polls, and surveys can engage the audience, and help Edtech firms to gain insights into audience perspectives, preferences, and interests. In addition to this, Edtech businesses can foster a sense of connection to make the audience feel involved and invested in your platform.
Responding to comments and messages promptly can establish and maintain a strong online community, by creating a loyal following and strong online presence for your Edtech.
For example, an Edtech companies, Paper Learning posted an interactive quiz for their audience to create engagement.
SOURCE: PAPER LEARNING
7. Responding to Comments and Messages Promptly
Ultimately, the primary goal of social media marketing for Edtech Companies is to create an enjoyable experience for the audience. And with the growing role of social media in Edtech, it is crucial to establish a service strategy for speedy replies.
Here’s how you can improve your customer response rate on social media.
- Set up brand monitoring
- Determine what types of comments get responses
- Build a system to get questions answered instantly
- Establish customer support channel for social media platforms
- Ensure your support teams goes beyond solving problems
- Measure and report your efforts to respond customers
By responding to the audience promptly, you can generate engagement and encourage them to further participate. A high level of response rate helps you increase satisfaction, and build credibility with the audience. For Edtech Company looking to build a loyal customer base, it is important to gauge customer service for social media platforms.
8. Encouraging User-Generated Content and Review
If you want your audience to talk about your Edtech Company, you need to give them a reason to do so. Whether through micro-influencers, advocates, or other user-generated content, you need to create a buzz.
User-generated content takes authenticity to the next level, and help buyer to make decisions. It acts as a trust signal for your target audience, as the content created by users holds higher credibility.
Word-of-mouth plays an important role in creating an effective enrollment marketing strategy. As prospective buyers trust other people’s authentic experiences and can resonate with their reviews.
For example, Chegg posted user-generated content by a learner, who shared her story to inspire others.
SOURCE: CHEGG FACEBOOK
9. Creating a Content Calendar & Posting a Schedule
Let’s face it! It’s easy to get caught up in the day-to-day managing multiple social media platforms, particularly when the content flow is high.
Here are some great tips to keep your social media content calendar organized and synced with your campaign.
- Conduct social media audit to evaluate your current standing
- Set long and short term goals
- Choose your post types and formats
- Establish posting frequency for each channel
- Create calendar using a template & fill in content
- Create and schedule posting cadence
- Conduct post reviews
To avoid content planner from getting pushed to the back burner, you can get help from an expert Edtech marketing agency to help you create a hyper-detailed plan for all your social media channels.
10. Utilizing Social Media Advertising Options
Social media marketing options include photo ads, video ads, carousel ads, and collection ads. Using these tools can help Edtech Companies to reach their target audience, promote their platform, and increase exposure to content.
You need to understand the latest education marketing trends to create advertisements such as Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, and LinkedIn Ads to promote your business according to the target market demographics, interests, attitudes, and behaviors.
In addition, social media advertising is cost-effective and allows you to control your budget and optimize your reach. Social media marketing in Edtech startups can benefit from this option to increase their visibility, engage the audience and drive conversions.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the most suitable social media platforms for Edtech marketing?
What are the benefits of utilizing social media advertising for Edtech companies?
- Increased visibility of your Edtech products
- Wider audience reach
- Higher engagement
- Community building
- Greater lead conversions
How do I measure the success of my Edtech social media marketing efforts?
- Engagement rate: Like, comment, share
- Traffic metrics: Followers, visitors, and page views
- Awareness: Impressions and reach
- ROI: Conversions to your site
As more people use technology, Edtech social media marketing has become a fundamental pillar to take your business to the next level and stand out among the others.
Social media marketing is a fantastic opportunity for Edtech Companies to expand their brand visibility, increase awareness, establish community, develop a relationship, and increase site traffic. Focus on creating your brand identity, and utilize the power of social media to build a credible brand your audience can trust.
As an Edtech firm, you must make informed marketing decisions to continuously evolve your social media marketing strategy, as the digital world is transforming rapidly.