Are you planning an upcoming event? The best way to create hype and buzz is by using Facebook.
Facebook event promotion allows marketers to connect with a larger audience, engage with users, optimize marketing budget and measure performance. While Facebook provides ample opportunities, planning a campaign for your event to help with tickets and drive registration is essential.
The pros of event promotion on Facebook:
- Largest social media platform globally with billions of active users
- Targeted ad marketing to promote your event to the right audience
- Create engaging and visually appealing content
- Enables two-way communication and interaction
- Provides analytics and insight into event ad performance
Facebook is an established platform that allows you to engage with your target audience directly and entice desired action. But do you know how to promote an event on Facebook?
Stats that Matter
- Facebook has 2.989 billion monthly active users and ranks 1st as the world’s most ‘active’ social media platform.
- The global advertising audience of Facebook is 2.249 billion.
- 90% of social media marketers use Facebook to promote their business.
- Facebook generated USD 113 billion in ad revenues in 2022.
As an event marketer, you can supercharge Facebook event promotion with actionable strategies and tips.
What is Facebook Event Marketing?
For event marketers, Facebook continues to be the most dynamic platform, with a vast audience base and engagement opportunities. Facebook event marketing refers to strategically using platforms and features to promote events. The platform offers targeting capabilities, engagement features, and analytics to measure the performance of event promotion.
According to the stats, 700 million people use Facebook each month to market their events, and 35 million people view public events on Facebook every day. Facebook event marketing makes reaching your target audience and selling tickets easy.
Facebook event marketing allows you to spread the word about your event, making it more discoverable and sharable by the target audience.
10 Effective Ways of Promoting an Event on Facebook
Facebook is a powerful event marketing platform, ensuring you receive maximum visibility. With different ways of promoting an event on Facebook, you can get the attention of your potential attendees and stay connected with them.
We’ve compiled the 10 best ways to promote an event on Facebook and get people to attend.
1. Creating a Facebook Event
No matter what type of event you are planning, creating a Facebook event is a great way to get people excited, interested and aware of fine details. You can create private and public Facebook events.
You must include the following basic elements in your Facebook event:
- An attention-grabbing event title
- Compelling event description
- Event details, including date, time, venue and event highlights
- Post eye-catching event visuals
- Upload event promo videos
Creating a Facebook event is a convenient way to reach a broader audience, spread the word, share updates, and engage with potential attendees.
You can visit your Facebook page and create an event from the left-side menu bar. Once you click on events, Facebook redirects you to an event page that can be further customized.
2. Optimizing Your Event Page
It is not just enough to create a Facebook event page. You need to optimize the page to leverage the power of Facebook and achieve your objectives. The Facebook event page is incredible and ensures maximum visibility when optimized.
You can track conversions and understand how people respond to your event page through ads analytics and campaign manager. Follow these tips for incredible results:
- Use short and memorable event name
- Use a clear and high-resolution image
- Choose the correct event category
- Invite co-hosts
- Post or schedule content on the event page
3. Promoting Your Event to Your Facebook Network
Promoting your event to your network on Facebook helps you generate awareness, gain attention, and drive engagement.
Networking enables connections and conversations that can help you promote your event. Your network can help spread word-of-mouth and help reach the target audience in their circle.
Follow these tips to promote your event to your Facebook network:
- Create content that your network can relate to and aligns with the event
- Add your event to your Facebook page
- Pre-event online networking session
- Promote interaction through communities
4. Utilizing Facebook Event Features
Promoting your event on Facebook is always great, but you must know how to utilize features and tools. Unlike your conventional event website, Facebook isn’t complicated and doesn’t requires technical expertise. However, you must learn the tricks and tips to leverage the features.
Here are some tips to help you leverage Facebook event features:
- Utilizing event co-hosting to reach new audiences
- Enabling event discussion and engaging with attendees
- Posting event updates and countdowns
- Using Facebook Live for event teasers or coverage
We recommend you create a Facebook event page after thorough research and thoughtful considerations about how you want to showcase your event, keeping in mind your target audience.
5. Boosting Event Visibility with Facebook Ads
Booting an event on Facebook through ads will help you increase awareness, encourage registration and drive ticket sales. Whether it’s an upcoming conference, webinar, workshop or product launch event, Facebook ads drive traffic and bring in leads and revenue to help you achieve your event goals.
Are you looking for ways to boost events on Facebook? Follow these simple tips:
- Use visuals with minimal text
- Write short, attention-grabbing copy
- Include a CTA in your ad
- Select target audience
- Set a daily ad budget
Remember, if you don’t have the expertise to promote the event on Facebook, you can always seek help from an events marketing agency.
For example, the ad posted by Selangor International Business Summit on Facebook showcases all the essential details and includes a signup CTA to entice the audience to take action.
6. Adopt Retargeting Strategy
You are missing out on a massive goldmine if you’re not running a retargeting strategy for your event. Statistics show that 67% of marketers use retargeting ads on Facebook, which beats other ad placement strategies with a 1,046% efficiency rate.
Retargeting ads help you reach the audience that has already interacted, but they must be targeted again to help them take the desired action.
Regardless of the reason for retargeting, here are some tips you can follow to crush your next retargeting campaign on Facebook:
- Retarget high-value customers
- Set a frequency cap for retargeting
- Create a highly compelling message
- Set up sequential engagement ads
- Embrace the emotional side of marketing
7. Use Facebook Live
Facebook live video is a popular part of the Facebook platform, and event marketers take advantage of this feature to promote events. It allows you to feature live real-time video on your Facebook, increasing exposure and building relationship with the audience.
There’s a lot to explore when it comes to Facebook Live. We’ve listed the 5 best ways to leverage the feature for your event promotion.
- Maintain a mix of live and pre-recorded videos
- Keep introducing the event in each video
- Make the video visually engaging
- Don’t plan; make it spontaneous
- Keep it interactive for the audience
8. Leveraging Facebook Groups and Communities
Facebook groups and communities help you gather registered and potential attendees together to create a space where they can connect. It also helps event marketers to promote the event, establish authority, and add value to your event.
Also, promoting an event in Facebook communities and groups helps you test the content and improve the efforts before they reach a wider audience. Additionally, you can get real insights and valuable feedback with a direct line of communication.
For example, GMB Tech Hub, a fast-growing tech firm, created a group for their Elevate Tech Summit event to provide attendees with space for discussions, updates and event highlights.
9. Generate a Buzz about the Event in your Facebook Circle
When you generate buzz about the event in your Facebook circle, you create anticipation, excitement and awareness among your people. You can engage your circle by sharing details about the event and amplifying the event’s reach through word-of-mouth promotion within your network.
- To generate buzz within your Facebook Circle, consider the following strategies:
- Craft attention-grabbing posts with captivating visuals and text.
- Respond to comments and tag friends who might be interested.
- Utilize Facebook groups and share relevant information for mindful promotion.
10. Post-event Promotion
Post-event promotion helps you achieve goals to keep the people talking about your event. As an element of successful event branding, post-event follow-ups and promotions allow marketers to make better decisions in future and improve experiences in their upcoming events.
Facebook event promotion strategy from the beginning must incorporate post-event promotion strategies to help win the event game.
Here are some tips for leveraging Facebook for post-event promotion:
- Create engaging recap posts with key moments, images, videos and important statements from the keynote speakers.
- Provide the latest reviews and testimonials from attendees to create a FOMO (fear of missing out) for no-shows.
- Post teasers of upcoming events and provide early bird discounts for upcoming events.
- Reach potential no-show attendees for the upcoming event through Facebook retargeting ads.
Facebook Event Promotion Example
For event marketers, Facebook continues to be a dynamic platform to interact, engage and communicate with the audience. Before setting up your Facebook event page, you must look for inspiration and designs of events that are similar and relevant to your brand. It will help you gain insight into essential elements to incorporate.
For example, the Leeds Festival event page increased reach and visibility among billions of users and gained the attention of a large potential audience. People who are interested in the event engage, share and comment. The event pages allow marketers to interact with the people and understand their psyches.
Source: Leeds Festival
Another excellent example of a Facebook event page is Egg Night Club, which includes all the essential details and features upcoming events on the top. Clear venue locations and address is provided on the page; an eye-catching event photo is posted, followed by recaps from the previous events and promos of upcoming events.
Source: Egg Night Club
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I promote multiple events simultaneously on Facebook?
Yes. You can promote multiple events simultaneously with multiple ad campaigns. You can set different criteria for each ad, with its target audience and objective.
Can I customize the event invitation message for each attendee?
Yes. If you’re a host, you can customize the event invitation message for each attendee. It can help you build a personalized connection and relationship with the attendee.
How can I encourage attendees to share the event with their friends?
Here are the best 5 ways to encourage attendees to share the event with their friends:
- Create content that tells the story
- Send personal invites
- Create event hashtags
- Grant access to early birds tickets
- Giveaways and contest
- Special discount for social sharing
Whether your event is online, in-person or hybrid, you can create more buzz through Facebook event strategy. Make sure you plan your promotion campaign.
Promoting an event on Facebook will definitely reach a much larger audience. Drive even more attendees and reach new audiences. This platform can get your event in front of a high-converting audience, sell more tickets and achieve objectives.
No wonder, the fact that everyone is on Facebook all the time, event promotion can help you generate desired results.