You must have heard the most common idiom: a picture is worth a thousand words.
Have you ever wondered how many more words a video might be worth?
Whether a six-second educational video promotion or a multi-minute compilation for online learning engagement, video marketing appeals to the audience in a way that text cannot.
As the number of digital video viewers worldwide rises to 3.37 billion, online video spending increases drastically. As an online course creator or higher ed marketer, you can reach prospective students globally and market courses in a way that wasn’t previously available.
As you continue exploring video marketing for online course promotion, you must understand video content strategy that enables audiences to connect with you and see the human behind the online course.
So what are you waiting for? Start and master video marketing for online course promotion.
Here’s a quick overview of what we will uncover in this blog.
- The Benefits of Video Marketing in Education
- Types of Video Content for Online Course Promotion
- Creating Engaging Educational Videos
- Video SEO for Online Course Promotion
- Leveraging Social Media and Online Platforms
- Measuring Success and Analytics
- Real-Life Success Stories
The Benefits of Video Marketing in Education
Visuals are superior to text. According to IFVP, the human brain processes images 60,000 times faster than text, and 90% of the information transmitted to the brain is visual.
Although, as a course creator, you must invest resources into producing and editing the video, remember, the payoff is impressive.
With the rise of platforms like YouTube, TikTok, and Instagram, videos offer enhanced learning experiences. Also, it helps you achieve educational advantages such as accessibility and reach broader than ever.
Advantages of video marketing in education:
- Engaging content
- Improved SEO
- Increased conversions
- Higher learner retention
- Enhanced brand awareness
- Analytics and tracking
- Stronger social media presence
- Personalized learning experience
Moreover, besides these video marketing benefits, videos are the best choice if you’ve been dreaming about organic lead generation. Approximately 61 percent of internet users in 2023 watched how-to videos, tutorials, and educational videos online weekly. These video engagement metrics define the video’s impact on the education landscape.
Types of Video Content for Online Course Promotion
Whether the course is in-person or virtual, you can use different educational video formats to grab audiences’ attention.
What are the different types of videos for online course promotion? Course videos can be intimidating. Create a plan, set your goals, and define the educational video formats you’ll be using.
Video content types you can use when creating videos for online courses:
- Course trailers
- Instructor introductions
- Course preview videos
- Instructor engagement videos
- Problem-solution video
- Personal branding videos
Benefits of using different video content for course promotion:
- Improved audience reach
- Enhanced storytelling
- Stronger brand presence
- Increased credibility
- Competitive advantage
- Improved course sale
People love to watch videos and are willing to comment and ask questions if they find your course videos interesting. Try to talk to them directly through your videos and drive your sales.
Creating Engaging Educational Videos
Visual engagement and content are the two critical aspects of educational video creation. Engaging videos enhance learning retention, motivation, and understanding. They make complex topics accessible, foster active participation, and drive engagement.
Consider these tips for creating engaging educational videos:
- Clear and concise content
- Engaging narration and interactive visuals
- Storytelling and scriptwriting
- Incorporate real-work applications
- Timely pacing and quality audio
- Use thumbnails and transitions
- Make it mobile-responsive
Interactive learning videos that use the proper educational scriptwriting techniques for the audience generate more interactivity and engagement.
The most significant way to ensure people play your video is by using visuals that engage audiences and fill up courses like never before. Effective video production allows you to engage them no matter who you try to educate.
Video SEO for Online Course Promotion
SEO makes educational video discoverability high and drives audience engagement. You need to follow optimization techniques to boost your visibility and get more eyes on your videos.
Video SEO will help you gain ranking on search engines, expand audience reach, and drive traffic to your online course website. Also, rich snippets make your pages more visually appealing in the search engine results pages (SERPs).
Follow these tips for optimizing videos for course promotion:
- Use high-quality video and audio
- Keep videos concise and focused
- Add engaging thumbnails
- Optimize video titles and descriptions
- Use relevant keywords
- Create a compelling video intro
- Include clear calls to action
- Utilize closed captions
- Promote on social media
- Analyze and refine your strategy
With well-crafted video SEO strategies, you can communicate your message in an easily digestible way. After all, you can’t establish a connection with people if they don’t see your content.
Leveraging Social Media and Online Platforms
Thanks to the popularity of online platforms, higher ed marketers are looking for ways to use video marketing to increase overall engagement on each platform. Social media is an excellent tool for engaging learners online and conveying information better than static imagery.
You can create social media video promotions on different social media platforms, including
- Facebook: Suitable for course introduction videos, live Q&A sessions, and user-generated content.
- Instagram: Suitable for how-to videos, personal branding, and shorter and longer reels.
- Twitter: Suitable for animated videos, educational videos, answer-tweet videos, and teasers.
- LinkedIn is Suitable for news and event videos, course outlines, testimonial videos, and explainer videos.
- YouTube: Suitable for student review, animated videos, how-to videos, and course information videos.
Creating and sharing online course promotion videos on social media platforms can be a game-changer. Now that you know different online platforms, you must identify which platform is best for online course promotion.
Let’s look at the steps to choose the right Social media platform for online course promotion.
- Understand your target audience
- Research platform demographics
- Consider the course content
- Assess your resources
- Analyze competitors’ presence
- Test multiple platforms
- Focus on 1-2 key platforms
- Adapt content to platform strengths
- Monitor performance:
Over 4.26 billion people use social media worldwide. Therefore, it becomes imperative for higher ed marketers to utilize the power of social media marketing and drive audience engagement.
Consider these highly effective social media strategies for course promotion.
- Create teaser videos
- Share short tutorial clips
- Host live Q&A sessions
- Online course communities
- Run paid video ads
- Utilize hashtags on videos
- Share user-generated content
- Engage with comments and messages
- Analyze performance metrics
The amusement of social media is definitely to grab the attention of your target audience. Therefore, video marketing will only be complete with their promotion on social media.
Measuring Success and Analytics
Video marketing analytics helps you understand what’s working and what’s not and helps you with data-driven decisions about your video marketing strategy. By analyzing the Video campaign performance, you can measure your return on investment and make adjustments.
Key metrics to track when measuring success in video marketing:
- Views rate metrics: Views rate metrics typically measure how many views a piece of content (such as a video, article, or social media post) receives with a specific metric or time frame.
- Learner engagement metrics: Engagement metrics, such as likes, comments, and shares, can help you understand how your audience interacts with your online course content.
- Conversion rate metric: By tracking your conversion rates, you can understand how effectively your video content drives conversions and signups.
- Play rate metrics: By evaluating play rate metrics, you can measure the number of people who watch your video after clicking on it.
- Completion rate metrics: Completion rate measures the percentage of viewers who watch your video all the way through.
- Audience retention metrics: By analyzing audience retention data, you can identify the engaging touchpoints on the video and parts that may be losing viewers’ attention.
By measuring success and educational video analytics, you can gain valuable insights to help you with data-driven decisions and refine your marketing efforts.
Real-Life Success Stories
Here are some inspiring success stories in video marketing to promote online courses.
For example, Udemy, an online learning platform, has shared a how-to tutorial on Video Editing.
Here is another example of video marketing for online course promotion. Programming with Mosh, an online course creator, has shared a video for data structures beginners, a guide to help them understand what they will be learning.
Source: Programming with Mosh
Simply put, your online course needs video marketing in this digital age. To harness the potential of video marketing, online course creators and institutions must consider their target audience, the type of video content, the video format, and the right plan to promote the video.
With clear strategy and best practices, you can avoid pitfalls and gain value beyond simply promoting your online course.
As video marketing evolves, you must stay ahead of the curve to grow course enrolment. Thus, video marketing for online course promotion can drive engagement, improve conversion rates, and achieve their marketing goals.